Skip Global Navigation to Main Content
Skip Breadcrumb Navigation

Technical Problems with Passport/Visa System

The Department of State Bureau of Consular Affairs is currently experiencing technical problems with our passport/visa system. This issue is worldwide and is not specific to any particular country, citizenship document, or visa category. We apologize to applicants who are experiencing delays or are unable to obtain a passport, Consular Report of Birth Abroad, or visa at this time. We are working urgently to correct the problem and expect our system to be fully operational again soon.


The Embassy's Visa Unit processes applications for both non-immigrant and immigrant visas to the United States.

Non-immigrant visas are required for travelers who wish to visit, work or study for a temporary period. The type of visa required will depend on the purpose of your travel.

Citizens of the 35 countries participating in the Visa Waiver Program (VWP) may be eligible to travel to the United States visa free under the VWP if they are traveling for business, pleasure or are in transit, and if they meet all the requirements.

Anyone who wishes to enter the United States to reside there permanently must apply for an Immigrant visa, whether or not that person plans to seek employment in the United States.
Please click on the links on the left navigation bar of this page for particular information you require.

Travel & Tourism in the U.S.

  • Tourism Badge


  • Tourism on Global Economic Statecraft Day Badge

Adobe Reader

  • Download Free
    Download Free

    All downloadable documents on this page are provided in PDF format.  To view PDFs you must have a copy of Adobe Acrobat Reader.  You may download a free version by clicking the link above.