Angola American English Experience 2014
The U.S. Embassy in Luanda, in partnership with the Angolan Association of English Language Teachers (ANELTA), is pleased to announce The U.S.-Angola American English Experience for Angolan students of English. The American English Experience is a three-day, national scholarship camp to be held in Luanda October 20-22 with 24 high school students. Participants must be nominated by their English teachers in Angola. The camp will offer creative and interactive learning opportunities for students with native English speakers, aiming to energize young Angolans' interest in the English language. All expenses for travel to and from Luanda as well as food and lodging during the program will be provided to the selected students.
Suitable candidates must:
- Demonstrate proficiency in intermediate English
- Be an Angolan citizen
- Be a high school student between 15 and 18 years old as of October 20, 2015
- Be recommended by their current or past English language teacher
- Have their parent or guardian's permission to participate
- Show strong leadership qualities
- Possess an adventurous and inquisitive spirit
- Have a sustained, high level of academic achievement
- Be willing to spend three days and nights away from home in Luanda with the group as part of the program.
The U.S. Embassy encourages Angolan English teachers from across Angola to nominate a maximum of two of their top students.
How to Apply
- Teacher completes Part 1 of the nomination form
- Student completes Part 2 of the nomination form
- Student records a thirty (30) second video of him/herself answering the question: "Tell us one unique or special things about yourself."
- Teacher submits the nomination form and video via e-mail to AEEAngola@gmail.com by September 8, 2014 with the subject title American English Experience.
In case you require additional information please contact the U.S. Embassy in Angola Public Affairs Section through AEEAngola@gmail.com.
- American English Experience Nomination Form Fillable (PDF 387 KB)
All downloadable documents on this page are provided in PDF format. To view PDFs you must have a copy of Adobe Acrobat Reader. You may download a free version by clicking the link above.